Sunday, March 23, 2008

The Future of Food

A Documentary about Genetically Modified Food, Monsanto, Organic Farming, Soil Destruction and loss of Biodiversity. I thought I was pretty aware of these subjects before I watched this film and yet I learned quite a bit and was even more motivated for local, sustainable and organic farming!

For example, we used to have thousands of varieties of apples, potatoes, etc and now we have a few left. I can not go back in time and taste them, or if we have a disease in the future, we cannot use one of the other varieties to solve the problem. Our life on earth is becoming increasingly fragile. We must respect the earth.

I'm extremely motivated to start planting a wide variety of fruit & nut trees, berry bushes, potatoes and veggies! And start sharing seeds and increasing biodiversity!

Introduction:


Buy the full documentary here
.

No comments: